Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The robot who rode with Pancho Villa



Why didn't anyone tell me that eBoilerplat, the mechanical man invented by Archibald Campion in 1893, fought alongside the Villistas against the Carrancistas in the siege of Guerrero in 1916?
It is details such as this that make me extremely disappointed in the Mexican Educational system, if only my Mexico History class had had less memorization of useless dates and names and more steam-powered mechanical men I would have made honor roll every single month!
Of course, Heidi aced history every month without needing robots or dinosaurs, but me... Some educational aids would have been handy instead of my spending the whole class figuring out why my History teacher was nicknamed "The She-wolf of the SS".

And they didn't ask it in the bimonthly exam, dang!



----------------
Now playing: Mike VanPortfleet - Towards The Blinding Glare
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis